What is OHSMS ? [ISO 18001-2004]
OHS Management System. is a structured process to minimize potential of work related facilities , injuries and illness , to increase productivity by reducing direct and indirect cost associated with accidents and to increase the quality of manufactured products and/ or rendered services.
Benefits of OHSMS :
- Improved marketability and enhanced clients / customers confidence in providing a safe working environment .
- Complementing ISO 9001 (QUALITY ) &ISO 14001 (ENVIRONMENT ) management System to address quality safety , environment and other issues in the business process of the organization
- Higher operational productivity through reduced work related to accidents, minimize of loss of manpower and time, and obvious intangible benefits of health and well being of the workers.
- Social service to the Nation/ Society / Corporate / world for creating Healthy environment.
- To increase reputation of the organization for safe working condition
- OHSMS promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows organizations to consistently identify and control their health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall performance
- Improves the efficiency of internal operations
- Improved employee safety and the quality of the working environment
- Compliance with current legal requirements.
- Demonstrate high levels of occupational health and safety when bidding for international contracts