What is ISO/TS 16949-2009 ?
- ISO/TS 16949:2002 is a worldwide automotive standard developed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) – a group of the world’s leading automotive manufacturers (General Motors, Ford, BMW, PSA Citroen, Volkswagen, Renault, Fiat) and their respective trade associations.
- It is based on the requirements of the ISO 9001, AVSQ (Italian), EAQF (French), VDA6 (German) and QS-9000 (U.S.) standards, except brought together in a single standard. ISO/TS 16949:2002 can be applied to company sites worldwide, wherever automobiles, or their parts and components are manufactured.
- The wide international recognition of the ISO/TS 16949:2002 standard increases the credibility of your organization when bidding for global sourcing contracts or expanding business locally.
- It also assists you in reducing production variations and improves your manufacturing efficiency, which can positively impact your bottom line
- Manufacturer of automotive industries
- Sites where customers specified parts for production (suppliers/venders) and/or service are manufactured.
- Supporting function whether onsite remote such as design centre HQ and distribution centre form parts of the site audit.
- To semi conductor indigestions
- To tooling & equipment industries
TS 16949-2009 Advantage/Benefits
The main advantage to acquire TS 16949-023 is to do away with multiplicity of standards(includes financial benefits too)
- TS is world wide recognized as ISO Standards
- TS is also supported by JAMA
- OEM strongly recommended the suppliers to go for TS 16949
- GM, Chrysler, ford has urged their supplier to upgrade to ISO/TS 16949
- Process based angst focused on customer satisfaction
- Improred skilled if employee through training and job responsibility
- The greatest benefit of ISO/TS 16949 is customer focus
- Very less paper work, more orientation to ward process control consistency and capability
- Benefit in marketing domestic & export trading, advertisement, promotion etc.